Computer use not registered when using Intellij

Question

For my work as a software developer I depend largely on Intellij for doing my work. However when using the trial version I recently noticed that whenever I'm working in Intellij workpace doesn't register anything and the counters for my micro/work break start refreshing. I'm not sure if this is a bug in any way or if I need to enable/disable anything in Intellij for the two programs to work together or if this might be a bug of some sort.

Could you please advise in how to handle the combination of these two programs? Since I need to use Intellij resolving this issues will largely influence my choice in going for a workpace license.

Edited by Luc
Fixed typo

3 answers to this question

Hi Luc,

Thank you for the interest in our product. Unfortunately, we currently do not support IntelliJ for application time tracking.

We hope we can include this in the future but for now, as for development work, we can support the following:

• Visual Studio Code
  • Visual Studio 

Kind Regards,

Angeli

On 9/30/2020 at 12:35 AM, admin said:

Hi Luc,

Thank you for the interest in our product. Unfortunately, we currently do not support IntelliJ for application time tracking.

We hope we can include this in the future but for now, as for development work, we can support the following:

• Visual Studio Code
  • Visual Studio 

Kind Regards,

Angeli

Hi Angeli,

Thanks for the feedback. Could you tell if there are any plans on supporting IntelliJ in the near/far future? Maybe a ticket I can follow so I know when it might be available.

Switching IDE is not really an option for me and so far I haven't been able to find a replacement that comes anywhere near the functionality of workpace.

Kind regards,

Luc

On 10/5/2020 at 9:07 PM, Luc said:

Hi Angeli,

Thanks for the feedback. Could you tell if there are any plans on supporting IntelliJ in the near/far future? Maybe a ticket I can follow so I know when it might be available.

Switching IDE is not really an option for me and so far I haven't been able to find a replacement that comes anywhere near the functionality of workpace.

Kind regards,

Luc

Hi Luc,

We do have plans on supporting a wider range of applications. Unfortunately, we currently do not have time frames for this. Any update regarding this will be posted in this forum.

Thanks for supporting our product.

Kind Regards,

Angeli